Friday, July 3, 2009

Day -1


Alright, so this is my first blog. One thing you should know: Being the absent minded, spontaneous person I am, I have a lot of trouble with starting habits and maintaining them. Hopefully this blog will be an exception for those of you who want to check regularly, but I apologize in advance for being consistently inconsistent.

Also this is the day before I leave for Brazil for 5 months. Some words to describe how I feel: nostalgic, a little nervous, excited, loved, called. It's crazy. Now that I'm leaving, I find out how much people care for me and love who I am. They have shown this verbally and through actions (like paying for my food). I wonder why I'm leaving on this mission to Brazil when I have so many people here who love me. I'm not having second thoughts but I think it's interesting because I probably wouldn't have had this flood of affection if I was not leaving the country. Thank you everyone for all your love and support! You, you're awesome.

Anyway, I'm finishing up packing and about to have my last supper with my family of meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Hooray!

p.s. I know some people want to see pictures. If I forget to post them, because I refuse to do a slideshow when I get back with narration, feel free to send me a disappointed or angry message with lots of frowny faces.

if I die: It's alright. I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment