Thursday, August 27, 2009

Better than Peter Pan

Smudgy protecting the property while enjoying the view
Kyle!
At Samuel Project
Kids playing at Samuel Project

okay! so we (steven, luis, wellington, & sagares) finally finished the "belt" on wellington's house (the step before the roof). Once the roof is established we can start working on the inside and hopefully get Wellington and his family moved in soon.

Also today Sagares and I took a trip to the favela (ghetto) to teach english to children. Sagares teaches once a week through a christian program called "Samuel's project." I got to read the 4-10 year olds a story and how to ask and say what their names are in a sentence in english. I will probably continue to teach english to the same kids every other week for the remainder of my stay in brasil.

Unfortunately, one thing that brasil does not have is peanut butter. I brought a jar of JIF with me but i devoured it already. So steven, also being a peanut butter connouseur, and I had an idea to make our own using roasted peanuts, oil, salt, and a tad of sugar. It came out a bit too roasted and a little too salty but it is nonetheless delicious! We look forward to perfecting the art.

Tomorrow I leave for Rio de Janeiro, one of the most beautiful places on earth but also the most ridden with drug trafficking and sin. James, Stephen, and I will be ministering to families who are a part of the ARC and others who wish to be a part of the ARC. Also maybe a little surfing!

Thank you for listening to those of you who are following! I appreciate it so much!

1 comment:

  1. Ethan.. I love anonymously stalkin your blog. I guess it's not so anonymous now that I am following it, and commenting on this post. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know I'm a stalker. And I recently found a card you and Luke made me a few years ago with a bunch of drawings of cheese. It made my day!

    ReplyDelete